What Is An Augered Pile?
Simply put, the Postech system is made up of a large galvanized steel screw which supports a fixed or adjustable support head plate. These two parts work together to effectively support your structure.
Postech screw-in piles are adaptable to practically all your projects. Anchored below the frost line, they guarantee unparalleled stability.
Be it for your patio, your carport, your house addition, your solarium, or even your cottage, Postech’s Piles offer a safe and affordable solution with a simple and rapid installation.
All of Postech Piles are produced according to the highest quality standards at our manufacturing plant in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. Recognized by the Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC #13102-R) and in accordance to the National Building Code, Postech Piles offer a modern, accessible, environmentally friendly and safe alternative for all your foundation needs.
No Concrete to Pour
No Damage to Lawn
No Dirt to Remove
Why Choose Postech Piles?
At Postech we are working to give you a product, and professional installation that is guaranteed.
Postech’s excellent augered pile will ensure your complete satisfaction. Your expectations will be the same as ours, that’s why we don’t hesitate to guarantee the installation of our piles against frost related movement.
Here are the main advantages which contribute to the ever-growing success of this technology:
- Quality tested materials and professional installation is supplied – You don’t have to do a thing, simply indicate the location!
- Construction can begin as soon as the piles are installed;
- They may be installed beneath existing structures;
- Slim profiles They are reusable & recyclable (we can unscrew and reinstall them);
- They are adjustable : After the pile’s installation, a Postech Pile supporting head is added, which fits into the piles shaft, and allows for level setting (up to six inches);
- They may be lengthened by adding a Postech Pile extension which is fastened by a sleeve coupling and bolted for maximum stability;
- Different blade dimensions allow for adjustment to different soil types and load bearing requirements;
- May be installed regardless of temperature, climate or time of year with no special equipment required;
- May be installed near or in water without causing soil erosion pollution or rusting.
The concrete forming tubes (sonotubes®) normally used, pales in comparison to the numerous advantages and flexibility that the Postech augered pile offers. Postech Piles offer a solid and durable foundation, without the problems inherent of traditional methods of concrete foundations:
Postech Piles Advantages
- No atmospheric condition limitations except frozen soil.
- Reusable, Recyclable & Eco-friendly.
- Reduced costs, reduced delays. No land site damage or pollution.
- Minimal equipment required, easy handling. One man job – most of the time.
- Clean, no excavation needed for auger-driving operation.
- One piece of equipment, fast guaranteed professional installation.
- Build site planning is reduced to marking for exact location and desired height.
Disadvantages of Concrete Poured Foundations
- Limited to dry periods and temperatures above freezing point.
- Non-reusable and NOT Eco-friendly.
- Excavation required, land site damage, long delays and limited life expectancy.
- Multiple pieces of equipment, more than one worker on site.
- Leftover soil, excavation is required, Heavy concrete mixers – damage to lawn and asphalt driveways.
- Excavation, formwork, concrete and many hours for installation. Often no guarantee.
- A full-time on-site manager to plan operations and direct work.